blank
leftcap News Weather Plus Sports Your View E-Services Guides Mid-Missouri"s CW What"s On Pepper & Friends KOMU Cares About KOMU rightcap
Blank
topleft blank topright
blank

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WHAT A GREAT TIME!

So I wasn't able to blog via cell phone like I had originally hoped but I am able to recap my entire trip now! 

The drive down was going pretty smoothly until we ran out of gas in a dead part of Oklahoma. Some Arkansas fans saw us walking and offered to give us a ride to a gas station. We were very grateful and were able to get back on the road without losing too much time. we made it to Dallas around 6 PM but were disappointed to find that most places were closed for the holiday. We were able to find a nice little place for dinner and I'm so happy my friend, Michael, didn't embarrass me by telling them it was my birthday! 
The morning of the game, we got caught in some pretty ugly traffic but finally made it into the stadium to catch the tigers first touchdown. What a rush! My section was heavily populated with hog fans even though it was on the Big 12 side so it was definitely a great time seeing them squirm with every point Mizzou gained! I've got to say, all the fumbles really made it an interesting game! 
I got called a traitor for bringing an Arkansas fan with me to the game but he was a pretty good sport about all the trouble our fans were giving him. I think deep down, he's a true tiger fan! He we are enjoying the half-time performance.


I'd like to congratulate Tony Temple for breaking the Cotton Bowl record for rushing yards, and of course Chase Daniel and the entire football team for such a great win over fellow Heisman candidate Darren McFadden and his Razorbacks. What a great year to be a Tiger Fan! Only 241 days until they're back in action against Illinois, and I can not wait! GO TIGERS!!

0 comments:

 
blank
bottomleft blank bottomright
Blank
blank