blank
leftcap News Weather Plus Sports Your View E-Services Guides Mid-Missouri"s CW What"s On Pepper & Friends KOMU Cares About KOMU rightcap
Blank
topleft blank topright
blank

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Long Drive

Well I am all packed up and ready to leave for Dallas! For the next two to three days I will be driving from Chicago (a suburb of Chicago at least- anyone hear of Arlington Heights?) to Dallas with my boyfriend’s family. I can’t think of a better way to really get to know them than by spending that much time in a car together! Since there has been some snowy weather (we got about 5 inches at home), we decided to leave a day earlier than planned in case the roads are too dangerous and we need to stop somewhere along the way. There is no way we are missing this game! Today we will drive from Chicago to Columbia and then stay the night since we each have our own apartment or house at school. Then on Sunday, weather permitting, we will drive from Columbia to Dallas. From Chicago to Columbia it will take about 6-7 hours and I’ll keep you posted on the rest. I am so excited for this game- GO TIGERS!

1 comments:

EPluribusUnum said...

Appreciate the effort, Kara! Nice haul. Hope the future "in-laws" are everything you hoped for!?! Ha ha. I'm sure they love you.

My son, Jack, age 5 3/4, and I flew 11 hours yesterday from our home in Portland, OR, to Big D via Atlanta. Got to our hotel in Irving around midnight. It was a long day, but girl will it be worth it when we start to sense the crowd and the pre-game activities at the Cotton Bowl.

Headed to the parade tomorrow afternoon downtown and then the official Tiger Tailgate at Fair Park on New Year's morn at 7:30 am. Gotta get our gear and game faces on for the Tiger victory.

Lots of Mizzou fans here at our hotel. Haven't seen many Razorback fans, but I did see someone eating pork spareribs!

My son and his sister, age 3 3/4, both know the Tiger Fight Song. This will be Jack's first football game, Tiger game, and bowl game. He's very excited. I haven't been to a Tiger football game for 25+ years.

Hope you and ALL Tiger fans have a great Cotton Bowl experience. And enjoy those "in-laws"!

Mark G...Class of '83...and ardent T-I-G-E-R-S Fan!

Go Tigers!

 
blank
bottomleft blank bottomright
Blank
blank